Monday, February 13, 2012

I'm really going to see how far I can push this metaphor

So I found this old dusty blog at the back of the garage.  It under this pile of junk that I was meant to throw away but never got round to.  It looks like it's in pretty good shape, maybe not very current, but still useable.  Still workable.  Should still be loads of fun if I could only dedicate enough time to it.

I remember how it used to go.  But that was then, and this is now.  Does it really suit my purpose at the moment?  With all the distractions going on?  Should I rather be focussing on other aspects which deserve my attention more and need to make progress on?  Like the above: things I should really get round to doing.

I think the best thing for it is to take a step back and work out how I'm how going to use it and what I want from it.  If I made it my sole purpose, it would awesome.  I could work out its nuances and take it to new heights.  But, as part of a quiver of my time dedications, could I really do that?  Or should I go ahead and spend a bit on it?  Spiff it up a bit.  Smooth off some rough edges, add a bit of colour a really make it look bejouz?  It would definitely fly then.

Maybe it just needs me to find it in the right frame of mind, the right conditions.  The right place at the right time.  But, is it enough to wait for those conditions to appear.  Or do you have a hand in making them happen.  Get dialled.  Be positive.  Be focussed.  Ignore the distractions and make the right decisions to be in the right place when its on.

I think I'm going to go for that.  This blog can only be good for my writing.  It keeps me current, and who cares about the content.  It's what I want from it.  And if no-one appreciates it, that's fine too.  After all, like surfinfg, it's a personal journey.  It's about what it means for you.  And the rest of you can tsek.

(I think I'm done here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment