Tuesday, October 30, 2012

distraction

Yes, the posting has been minimal.

But, then, it about matches the amount of surfing going on as well.  Truth be told, I seem to be getting a solitary weekedn session in and leaving it at that. 

Why haven't I been surfing... I dunno.   I could blame conditions.  But, then if you're amped and you go looking there's always something round here.  And I haven't been looking.

I could claim injury.  My shoulder was acting up a while back.  It may be sleeping badly.  It may also have been trying to change gears in the Landrover.  That'll screw your shoulder for sure.  But, that mended itself.  And i've been swimming and play waterpolo, so can't really fall back on that excuse.

Maybe I've just been distracted.  I think that's it.  And it's a good type of distraction.  Typically, this time of year, the Cape starts gearing up for silly season, and everywhere you look there's another party going down.  The social calendar gets clogged with this and that and what have you.

But, I've managed most of that.

I think I've got a draft saved somewhere whinging about how the stormy winter didn't actually produce the swells we would have hoped for.  It wasn't a good winter for us.  No-one really had a good winter.  Except for plants.  They had an epic winter and so are now enjoying an epic spring.



As such its been an awesome time to get into the mountains.  They're bursting with colour and fragrance like I've never seen them before.  So, I've been strapping on shoes and backpacks and getting high in the berg.  And I'm fine with that.

Hopefully some swells will come and will regain that surf stoke soon.  But, in the Cape there are just so many activities, and only so much time.

1 comment:

  1. You should check the plants this side bru, they've sucked up enough liquids lately to make them grow at a rate that's bordering on stupid...

    I dig it, wish I had a garden, but winter's better here though - offshore every morning, weather is incredible and it doesn't rain buckets. Either way KZN is just as lekker, if not better, than the WC. For me at least.

    Hope you've found some waves recently. Shot

    ReplyDelete