Wednesday, October 17, 2012

somewhat close, somewhat far

A shot from a sunday stroll we took.

I like it.   I like the way the rocks and bushes frame it.  I like the way there is no one else to be seen, despite there being a small pack just behind the wave, and quite a few people on the beach.  It gives it a very isolated feel.  Also, if I'd lifted the camera just a bit, there would be quite a few houses on the horizon. 

Still, here's a guy, ace out, about to get shacked.

The pity is the waves doesn't lend itself to too much anticipation.  You know it's going to close out on the guy, and I think this detracts from it being a really cool shot.  Actually, there was a guy who was about to take off on the peak to the left in this shot.  I was POed when he wussed out, but then the other guy came along and almost saved the day.

If you're Cape Town based, you may be able to work out where this is.  It's well known, but I haven't seen it shot from this angle before.  It's one that may need to be explored over the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment