Monday, October 8, 2012

Mindsurf this.

This is a little beachbreak around home that I'm quite fond of.  It's well named and often surfed, but in the spirit of things, we wont go further than that.  I've been surfing there for a long time, but on this morning, I stayed dry and behind the camera and tried to capture it in a different light.


The best part about it was seeing the place from a new angle.  I parked at a different spot, walked over the dunes and saw the place differently.  It's great going somewhere familiar, but being able to appreciate it as something else.  The dune plants were looking good after the winter rains and just coming into spring.  The flowering ones were coming on, but what I like about these is they still show it as a cool morning - the last of winter fading as it gives way to spring.

In the 2 hours that I watched this bank roll through, not one toe got wet.  The forecast had been good for the day, so I thought at least a few people would be there.  But, not.  Goes to show, with some free time and bit of petrol money, that uncrowded session you've been dreaming for can be just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment