Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dane Reynolds - doing what he does

I've admitted on a few occasions to having a bit a of a Dane Reynolds crush.   If I was a teenage girl, I'd probably spend an great deal of time scribbling his name in different fonts, with different coloured pens, through my notebook and surrounding it with hearts, glitter and stuff like that.  My pencil case would be covered in stickers and the inner walls of bedroom would be adorned with posters of the man - shirtless, flashing his mesmerising smile.  I'd be the girl with a thing for moustaches.  I'd have an anchor tattoo somewhere naughty and then have a shouting match with my uncaring parents when they saw it and then storm back to my Dane cave to spend some QT with my favourite hunk.

OK, i'm done for now. 

Right, afte dropping out of tour and underperforming for my fantasy surf team - he was a good a buy, I wasn't the only one to admit it, Dane has released another video of himself doing what he does best.  Just surfing a beachy close to home, and smashing the hell out of it.  Cramming more moves into a wave, than I will over an entire session, swell or season. You need to see this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?42yxzdqyjqlpl0p.  Sorry, just can't embed the video here, and I have tried.  For a while now.

From Marine Layer Productions (you owe it to yourself to burn some bandwith there)
The question they pose is: Is Dane Reynolds the best surfer in the world.  Most of the guys commenting below seem to agree, if not whole heartedly, at least in part.  I disagree.  I disagree with the whole notion of being the best surfer.  I'd like to think Dane would agree.  That's why we'd make such a good couple.  It's definitely been said here and I'll say it again:  The best surfer in the water is the one having the most fun.  And that is where Dane has an edge.  He surfs like he's wanting to have fun.  He doesn't look like he's doing it to impress anyone, although the result is the same.  Sure, he's got to get the coverage to make his sponsors happy, but the way he just lets loose and everything falls into place is something that's unique to him.

So, the best surfer in the world?  Why measure it in an objective scale?  First and last, baby!  It doesn't fit the model.  My best surfer in the world?  Easily.  And you're welcome to disagree, and I won't bother to argue with you after that.


No comments:

Post a Comment