Friday, March 2, 2012

friday inspiration

you get that question from time to time.  it's usually preceded by the statement: I want to learn to surf.  Then the follow up is: But, is it difficult.

and I answer, and I think you would agree, that: Yes, it is difficult.  But its worth it.  I know its difficult, because after years of trying it, I'm still not very good.  there's still a lot I do wrong.  But, having said that, I'm a long way up the learning curve, but that curve stretches out before me and I still have much further to go.  And every session presents challenges for me.

So, it's great to see someone who has presented with a challenge in everyday life, but still takes up the gauntlet of surfing and revels in it.  I wrote a strory a while back about an old surfer who was blinded by cataracts, and the narrator would talk him through his own sessions.  In it, I said that the 2 essentials in surfing are a wave and vision.  I was wrong.  Check this guy out.


That is inspiration to say the least.  And you can't whine about conditions being unfavourable ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment