Wednesday, April 25, 2012

it's not that cold...

Check this little gem out:

There's some bad news abou it though.  It's breaking over and ice shelf on the tip of a 'berg, so its not around anymore.  That's the first problem. You can probably imagine the other problems attached to it from that, so we won't bother going into them.

More interesting is where I found this picture.  It comes from this website called Artic Surf.  Written by a guy who presumably had a bad experience with boardshorts when he was young and has developed a rubber fetish as a consquence.  There's some pretty cool stuff in there.  Check out the remote cams.  It's got the worlds most recorded, least ridden, perfect right point.

Jokes aside, this guy is taking it back a century when polar exploration was all the rage.  I reckon with efforts like this, it may be again soon.

Incidentally, I'm off to the far North tomorrow for a little excursion to Finland.  I'm attending a wedding there which I'm told is like a cross between a gypsy wedding, an Indian wedding and an Irish funeral.

I'm also hoping to hook up with some local surfers, so I may have something interesting to report on soon.  But, if not, man it's going to be a long time between waves.

Also check out: the surfbird some pretty cool stuff there.

No comments:

Post a Comment