Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Why didn't I think of that...

The first in hopefully not a very intermittent series...

Why didn't I think of that...The Wavecave.

I'm a big fan of practicality and multi-purpose tools.  In fact, I'm about to pick up a blank for my first board and the brief is - I want a fish that can skates over fat mush - big and small, AND can handle a heavy drop.  The logic behind this may be revealed later.

However, these guys are clearly on top of their game.  Ever found yourself crawling into a waxy sandy board-bag under the thin protection of a thorn tree for shelter?  Where the moon smites you by night, and the early morning sun by hungover day, with the wind sifting grains into where only dental floss should go?

Well then: enter the Wavecave:



Board-bag and tent combined solution.  All together now: Why didn't I think of that...

It's inspired by, designed for and...wait for it...built in Indonesia.  Ideal for those missions to far off places where the warung scarcely exists, uncrowded waves are and epic times are to be had.  Because when you're in such places, you only have 3 things to do: surf, sleep, eat, and this boy covers two of those bases. It comes in various sizes - up to 7'8", because if you're going that far, you're not going to fuck around.

As far as I can tell it's not available on our shores yet, but have your got a relative coming over from the UK/Oz for Christmas?  Problem solved.  Meet said relative at the airport, pick up prezzie and give a thankful peck on the cheek (optional), then push off up the coast with your brand new toy/gadget/home. 

And then let me know how it goes, because as excited as I am about these sort of things - gear like this really needs a proper road test  before giving it the thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment